Monday, June 29, 2009

"I can’t see myself living any other life except for the one HE had prepared for me."


My name is Beth, I am a self-supported missionary living and working in Dubai. Today, I am so glad that I have not rejected Abba’s leading to come to the Middle East.



My 1st ever mission trip was in December 2006 with World Outreach to Borneo (West Kalimantan), lead by our brother David Elliott. The trip had been a life changing effect on me and thus after the following year, in April 2007, I sold majority of my stuffs in order to relocate myself to Dubai, UAE.


At the beginning of my move here, I was still devastated with the choice HE had opened for me. My struggles were real enough that I went thru a period of depression, coping with stress and not knowing why I was in the middle east and experienced a lack of close Christian fellowships, which created a huge hole in my heart thus more questions surfaced, and I directed them to HIM.

It took me almost a year to settle down and start building my life back into the system that I had been used to when I lived in Singapore. I began serving in the youth ministry and taking every opportunity I could to serve HIM in areas of mission to surrounding countries.

Since my 1st mission trip in 2006 with World Outreach, I have thus far served in the following countries:

Ghana, Brisbane, New York, Las Vegas and Switzerland: I went as a visiting guest to bless the full-time missionaries based in the these countries.



Kenya and Egypt: As a Lecturer in the areas of Performing Arts, I taught church goers and pastors on how drama can be used as a unique tool to spread the gospel to the un-reached in their city.









Dubai (Emirates Baptist Church International): In the church which I am with now, as part of the Youth Leader team for my church youth group. And we had recently brought in 2 of our brothers from Egypt from an organisation known as AWEMA (Arab World Evangelical Ministry Association) to share and inspire the youths on how to reach out to the Arabs with the use of short comedy plays.





Fujairah: In the process of planning and getting a plan together for more opportunity to serve HIM in the areas of Women Ministry where the gospel was introduced to the wives of the Arab families through story telling while they are recovering in the hospital after childbirth.

Who can imagine that God will use my life experiences to help others in their journey to know HIM.



HE had thus used my testimony of being saved from Islam to Christ and my miraculous healing testimony to inspire many in Egypt. I can’t see myself living any other life except for the one HE has prepared for me. To me, knowing Jesus and knowing that HIS plan is to build up HIS kingdom in heaven, I got motivated to GO and meet people of various nations. I had learned thru serving HIM that God’s people are similar in every corner of the world and that worshipping HIM in various languages just gives me joy.

My perspectives in cross culture ministry have been opened wide and I am surprised that this ministry has actually caught the interest of my heart. Below is a ministry that I have been serving in the Arab world: http://awema.org

No comments:

Post a Comment